We have a wide selection of parrot
species at Beaver Water World including Blue and Gold Macaws, Amazon parrots, Cockatoos and many more. All of which are rescued, some of these animals have been mistreated by their owners leading to health and stress related behaviour issues such as feather plucking. We do our best at Beaver Water World to rehabilitate and care for the animals.
We have witnessed the birth of one of our blue and gold macaws ‘Blue’, who was hand raised back in 2010 as shortly after his birth his mother ‘Molly’ was stolen from us in early 2011.
- Blue and Gold Macaw – Ara ararauna
- Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo – Cacatua galerita galeria
- Lesser Sulphur Crested Cockatoo – Cacatua sulphurea sulphurea
- Goffin Cockatoo – Cacatua goffiniana
- White Bellied Caique – Pionites leucogaster
- Moluccan Cockatoo – Cacatua moluccensis
- African Grey Parrot – Psittacus erithacus
- Cockatiel – Nymphicush hollandicus
- Budgerigar – Mellopsittacus undulatus
- Mealy Rosella – Platycercus adscitus
- Eastern Rosella – Platycercus eximius
- Blue-naped Parrot – Tanygnathus lucionensis
- Mealy Amazon – Amazona farinosa
- Yellow Crowned Amazon Parrot – Amazona ochrocephala
- Orange Winged Amazon Parrot – Amazona amazonica
- Red-breasted Parakeet – Psitticula alexandrí
- Senegal Parrots – Poicephalus senegalus
- Peach-faced Lovebirds – Agapornis roseicollis
- Plum headed Parakeet – Psitticula cyanocephala
- Indian Ring-Neck Parakeet – Psitticula krameri
Birds of Prey
We are also home to a variation of birds of prey including snowy owls, eagle owls and barn owls. Over the years we have housed birds that are on case with the RSPCA until they are able to find long-term homes for them.
- European Eagle Owl – Bubo bubo
- African Spotted Eagle Owl – Bubo africanus
- Snowy Owl – Bubo scandiacus
- Barn Owl – Tyto alba
Smaller Bird Species
We also house the more common bird breeds such as chickens, ducks, pheasants and finches. These species are commonly seen as household pets although, as they have a long life span many individuals can not look after them long term. We provide most bird species with large avaires, some of which are in mixed species enclosures. We have had many offspring born over the years seen in species such as doves, chickens and canaries.
Beaver Water World re-home many species of birds to sensible pet collectors that can provide an even better environment for the animal.
- Silkie Bantam Chicken – Gallus gallus domesticus
- American Buff Chicken – Gallus gallus domesticus
- Orpington Buff Chicken – Gallus gallus domesticus
- ISA Red Chicken – Gallus gallus domesticus
- Mallard Duck – Anas platyrhynchos
- Barbary Dove – Streptopelia risoria
- Atlantic Canary – Serinus canaria
- Golden Pheasant – Chrysolophus pictus
- Carrion Crow – Corvus corone